Who we are?
The ministry of ushering is a crucial part of worship because it is one of the most visible ministries in the church. In Christ, you have received God’s unconditional love, and, in Christ, you are called to extend that same unconditional love to others. Although an usher’s love is no stronger than the love found in the whole congregation of the body of Christ, nevertheless the usher performs a major role in ensuring that people see and experience that love.
What we do?
The usher duties can be summed up in a few words:
- Make people feel welcome at church.
- Assist with people management during all services especially during communion.
- Assist with seating, collecting offering, and maintaining a safe environment.
Why it is important?
- The heart of an usher is the heart of a servant, and he does his work for his Lord Jesus (Colossians 3:24).
- A church usher has a true love for the people of the church and a desire to promote an atmosphere of reverence and worship in the house of God. An usher’s theme verse could very well be Psalm 84:10, “I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.”
How to serve?
- If interested in serving as an Usher, please contact the Ushers ministry lead contact below:
- Mike Leary, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770.851.8216